Sunday 13 December 2009

Feasts Of India: The Launch!







The book launch for Feasts Of India was a huge success! I'm so pleased with how it turned out! To be honest, I was half expecting the launch to just have myself, the author and illustrator and a few people who we knew. I thought it would be a pretty low-key affair, but the whole venue was packed-with the PUBLIC! Yes, that means people we didn't even know! Mridu managed to shift all but nine copies in total on the day which is pretty bloody good!

The day consisted of lots of freshly prepared food curtosy of Mridu Thanki as well as a speech from yours truly on the design and concept behind the book, poetry readings by Gordon Peters and then a word from Mridu herself followed by book signing.

The official after party was where it kicked off though, a lot of champagne was consumed (or was it just white wine? I dont know what it was, but i drank a lot of it) and even more food fresh from Mridu's kitchen.

I have to say I'm going to miss working on this project as i've been working on it for so long, but it feels great to finally have it completed and out THERE in the real world.

You can buy Feasts Of India at Amazon.co.uk and at Word Power

No comments:

Post a Comment