Wednesday 20 April 2011

A right royal interview with: Dale Edwin Murray

London-based illustrator/graphic designer Dale Edwin Murray is one of the many creatives currently on show at My Big Fat Royal Wedding. In his piece, Dale explores the theme of 'quitessential englishness' through food-based typography.  What does he think of the whole royal wedding malarky?

What will you be doing on the day of the wedding? 
I'm actually a staunch anti-royalist so the whole say will pass me by to be honest. I might worm the dog in honour of the occasion. 



Why do you think the Royal Wedding captures so many people’s imaginations? 
I think as a nation, whether we like to admit it or not, we love kitsch - and there isn't much more kitsch than a Royal Wedding. 


Best celebrity wedding of all time? 
I would have to say Les Dennis and Amanda Holden - pure dynamite!

What are your predictions for the ceremony? 
Lots of flowers, lots of weeping, and lots of secret police.


What would you buy for the happy couple as a wedding gift? 
My "Full English Breakfast" print
Finally, how long do you think the marriage will last? 
Forever and ever of course!

Check out more of Dale's work over on his official website:

No comments:

Post a Comment